There are several dozen other blogs/sites that have a regular post or column going by the title Twitbits. And apparently there's a Twitter account by the name @TwitBITS, but only one post back on 26 March 2008. That said, I'm keeping my retrospective daily blog post title. Read on…
The Associated Press
Walter Isaacson's new Steve Jobs biography sheds light on Apple CEO's early life: apne.ws/oyTkEH
- AP reviews an advance purchased copy of the official Steve Jobs bio ahead of next weeks release. There are a few of these bios either already released or on the way. The Walter Isaacson book is the one to get.
On the subject of books…
Do the Green Thing
Read a book made from straw and save 800 million trees a year ht.ly/73440
- or just buy the Kindle version!
How to Meditate at Any Time without Meditating bit.ly/oUujw6
- Day dreaming?
Matt Damon to make directorial debut. cnn.com/2011/10/20/sho…
The Trevor Project posted my "It Gets Better" vid as part of their anti-bullying campaign. What can you do to help? itgetsbetter.org/video/entry/cd…
- I was amused at this story. Do the chinese understand decimal points?
“@MolksTVTalk: re:Gaddafi. Can we no longer trust news services to tell us he's dead?Pics too much for Brekky.” we tell but how much to show
- In my job, I've recorded tv news services for nearly 30 years and I've seen some horrific and confronting images in that time. Even-though Sunrise chose to censor the pictures they showed, I still had to look away. Sometimes it's not the content but the context in which it is shown. Maybe it's the Arab culture to display like a trophy, and give it no dignity in death.
The Associated Press
- This was an interesting article. I've had an interest in etymology, linguistics and hermeneutics (translation) for many years.
The Associated Press
BREAKING: #Earthquake felt in San Francisco area.
Wow, that was quite a shake.
- My old blogging friend gets the shakes.
Damage from today's earthquake at Pixar: pic.twitter.com/gvDVJg8Y
- Oh no! Not the diet coke.
Bryan Singer’s ‘Battlestar Galactica’ Gets Airborne With John Orloff Scripting Deal deadline.com/2011/10/bryan-…
- Battlestar going big screen? Do we get to see Boxie and his mechanical Daggit named Muffit?
Investors at risk as GR Finance collapses smh.com.au/business/inves… This is a quarter of my cash portfolio. I'm holding my breath.
- I only found out about this on Tuesday. Aunty would not be pleased knowing I've lost the inheritance she gave me. : - (
- Congrats to Launceston's Ben Grenda.
Off to Rapha Condor Sharp for 2012. Thanks to @RWCYCLINGTEAM for all of their support this season. Can't wait for 2012!
Decoding "slanguage"- the slang language of the global youth generation yhoo.it/mUFyjs
- Mark's book is on my wish-list. Totally chron foshizzle. Confuzzled? Soz!
Advance copy of The Art of Pixar came in today. yfrog.com/oe3txbj
- Another book for the wish-list.
Could the *unt of a helicopter pilot flying over Prospect at the moment please fly at a higher altitude!
- I don't care if the golfing high-roller wants to get to Barnbougal in time for lunch - go the long way round!
@SmirksTas smirks language.
@SmirksTas there's a stunt copter flying over Prospect???
CHECKLIST ✔Try Turning it off and on again ✔Call IT ✔Get treated like an idiot TO DO ❑Get a Mac
Brian J. Smith
Aww, you guys GOTTA check the vid out in this link. Some good SGU memories here. josephmallozzi.wordpress.com/2011/10/20/oct…
- Frickin' awesome (that's a quote from the vdo btw).
Australian Girls of Herpetology 2012 calendar. Can't really see my friend Sal as Miss April. madaustraliaproductions.com.au/2012-calendar In support of DevilArk.
Full Metal Jacket
FMJ Racing are 1st equal in the Master Espania grade 2 regatta going into the penultimate day. Semifinals should start today. Stay tuned
- Good luck guys!
Rolex Sydney Hobart
Eclectic Fleet and Big Names for 67th Rolex Sydney Hobart Yacht Race rolexsydneyhobart.com/news.asp?key=5…
- Six yachts from Tassie already entered.
TasPride Festival set to light up Tasmania blog.discovertasmania.com/discoveries/ta…
- Run by the Gay Lesbian Bisexual Transgender Intersex (GLBTI). If this bunch get anymore politically correct they'll have to pause half way through the title for intermission.
Wow! That's got to be a record. Sorry it was so long.
@SmirksTas - Following 156 - Followers 51